Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Reunion or Competition?

This few weeks Jonathan,Reinchez and I have been practicing for our upcoming "Puisi dan Lagu" competition.It's like converting a poem into a song.Puan Maizon created the poem and we have to convert it into a song by finding the melody for it.
Jonathan contributed the most I guess in finding the melody for the song and Reinchez inserted Civil War intro into the song.Love the last Chorus when Reinchez feed in with some blue scales.

After weeks of practices,we went for the competition in Dato Hamzah School.Reached there around eight plus and the most suprising thing was Reinchez and I got to meet up with many of our old schoolmates.We met Andrey Tan before the competition.She was involved in the competition.She was representing her school,Raja Mahadi.She was the vocalist.After that,we met Vinod , Pakeyarah*I dont remember how to spell his name* and some of our old Malay buddies.

My team was the fifth on the list.When it was time for us,my heart was pounding blood drastically to my whole body.Nerves to narrow.Sign of nervousness I guess but it all soon went off.Thank God.I played according to tempo but our "lead guitarist",Reinchez claimed that he made mistakes during the feeding in part.Didn't really notice that but over all he had great time up stage.

Getting back to my old schoolmates,I really missed them alot.I can't even recognised Pakeyarah.Anyway.it was wonderful catching up with them especially after five years of not catching up with all of them.I still felt that there isn't enough time for us to chat bcoz before we could finish catching up each other back ground,each one of us has to return to our respective schools.*Hate it when there isn't enough time for things we enjoyed*

Anyway,my school didn't win anything.I'm kinda sad about this.The judges commented that our melody was more to pop.They wanted a more "Malayish" tune.But looking on the bright side,we got to reunite with our old mates.Great time.We'll catch up more some other time.

I don't have the pictures now.I'll post it later.Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



free web counter